Rifugio Fata is an independent dog shelter in Calabria, Southern Italy that needs volunteers and donations. They don't appear to have a website but have a blog and are on Facebook.
"In Italy, municipal dog shelters receive government funding on a 'per dog' basis. This means that the more dogs a kennel is housing and the less they care for them, the more money they make. Unfortunately, in many cases, this leads to horrible cases of overcrowding and neglect in the dog pounds for our four-
What can you do to help? You might be able to offer:
1) A loving home for our rescue dogs
2) To act as an escort for dogs to their new homes
3) Donations of dog food
4) Help with walking and playing with the dogs
5) Dog behaviourist skills, to help overcome particular issues
6) Veterinary skills, to neuter dogs for free and/or provide other veterinary assistance
7) Vaccine donations
8) Help with meeting our veterinary bills
88046 Lamézia, Calabria, Italy
Telephone: +39 340 591 0203
Lamezia Terme, commonly named Lamezia, is an Italian city of 75,261 inhabitants in the province of Catanzaro in the Calabria region. (Wikipedia)
We offer typical Greek and international cuisine, with a wide range of choices of wines and desserts. We will offer you a warm welcome and delicious food at very reasonable prices.
We have some of the best cooking in the village, take a look at our Facebook page for feedback from previous visitors!
“Francesca and her team at Rifugio Fata are doing things differently. Rifugio Fata does not receive any government money…”