The Island Sanctuary is situated in South East Malta and requires volunteers to groom, walk and pet the dogs, sponsorship, membership and donations.
"The Island Sanctuary has been in operation for over 20 years, catering for the needs of stray and abandoned dogs in Malta, and is listed as a Charity Organisation -
What can you do to help? You might be able to offer:
1) A loving home for our rescue dogs
2) To act as an escort for dogs to their new homes
3) Donations of dog food
4) Help with walking and playing with the dogs
5) Dog behaviourist skills, to help overcome particular issues
6) Veterinary skills, to neuter dogs for free and/or provide other veterinary assistance
7) Vaccine donations
8) Help with meeting our veterinary bills
The Island Sanctuary,
Telephone: +(356) 21659895
Marsaxlokk is a traditional fishing village located in the south-
The village’s name comes from marsa, which means "port" and xlokk, which is the local name for south east. The word is related to the name for the dry sirocco wind that blows from the Sahara. (Wikipedia)
We offer typical Greek and international cuisine, with a wide range of choices of wines and desserts. We will offer you a warm welcome and delicious food at very reasonable prices.
We have some of the best cooking in the village, take a look at our Facebook page for feedback from previous visitors!